The birth of your baby can have a profound effect on you, your family and your parenting journey.
If your birth does not go as you had planned or hoped, complications arose, or your baby was admitted to a neonatal unit then you can be left struggling to understand and manage your feelings. In some cases you can even be left feeling traumatised from everything you have been through.
How you feel about your birth experience matters!
Processing your feelings and being able to talk with someone you trust is important to healing. When we are able to share our pain, grieve the loss of a wanted experience, tell our story knowing we are not alone, it can support our journey into parenthood, the acceptance of what we have experienced and help with the first steps towards healing.
Especially can this be important for future pregnancies and births.
A Birth Reflection Session allows you/your partner to talk about your birth experience in a safe, trusted way so you know your story matters, that the way you feel is important and to enable you to understand your feelings and access the support you need.
If you would like to access a Birth Reflection Session please contact me.
Birth Reflection sessions are usually on a one-to-one basis and can be done in person (depending on locality) or on the phone, by email or virtually.
I have been working for the NHS in neonatal, maternity, paediatrics’ and community health for many years supporting families who have complex maternity journeys.
I am a Solihull Approach practitioner, I have undertaken training in perinatal mental health, mindfulness, CBT and trauma. As well as extensive training around pregnancy and birth.
I have a QCF level 3 qualification in maternity and paediatric care and hold a MHFA mental health first aid qualification. I also have peer support training. Most of all I have lived experience of Birth Trauma, Perinatal PTSD and Perinatal Anxiety and have made the journey to finding healing beyond birth trauma.
In a session I offer;
- Time to listen and explore your birth experience.
- To discuss the feelings you may have about your birth experience.
- Identify any triggers and how they are affecting you.
- What the next steps are to help you on your path to recovery.
- Support for further pregnancies or births, including birth preferences.
I don’t offer;
- Therapy for PTSD from birth trauma such as EMDR.
- Debriefs of medical notes.
Is this for me?
- Are you are looking for support for your feelings about your birth?
- Do you want to be heard and tell your birth story?
- Are you wishing to talk through your experience and look at your triggers?
- Do you want to explore your feelings around a current pregnancy or approaching birth?
What is the cost of a Birth Reflection Session? I ask for a donation to help continue my work supporting families and for the maintaining of this website.
If you would like to know more please email email@example.com
Thank you Emma Jane x